2751 American River Drive Sacramento, California 95864 Phone (916) 484-0955 Fax (916) 486-4114 LIC 00793181
Rick Otto and Associates Property Managers
work hard for our owners, take a look!
In our business, it all begins with trust. Therefore, we always strive to locate qualified, long term tenants by assisting our property owners to care, update and appropriately price their rental units in order to attract quality tenants. We carefully screen each applicant to insure prompt rental payments and low property repair costs.
With a one-year management contract, our set-up fee is only 50% of the first month rent or $675.00 whichever is greater for each new tenancy. If the property is currently rented the fee is 25% of the monthly rent. Check out the great monthly services we provide, described below.
Our Set-Up Services include:
- Lengthy consultation with owner on about how to get the most income from their investment and how to attract long term quality tenants.
- Assure the property is ready to be shown to qualified tenants. This could include coordinating with repairmen, house cleaners and landscapers (all to be paid by the owner aside from this agreement).
- Professional advertisement on Craigslist.com with color photos and one paid (one week) for online site if Craigslist is not successful.
- Installation and removal of a professional ‘FOR RENT’ signage at the property.
- Professional leasing agent will track calls and show the property until a qualified tenant is obtained.
- Careful tenant screening includes:
- Rental application processing
- Credit Report (tenants must pass)
- Back ground check (Evictions, rental history and criminal)
- Income Verification, at least 2 years consistent.
- Place tenant in a one-year lease with a contingency for annual lease renewal or month to month agreement thereafter.
- Collect a deposit (at least) equal to the first month’s rent plus $500 and a separate check for the first month’s rent prior to the tenant’s occupancy of the property.
Monthly Management Fee: $95 per month single family unit and $80 per unit for multiple (2 to 4 unit) family dwellings.
With the signing of a management contract the property owner will receive these monthly services:
- Collection of rental payments from the tenant each month.
- Disbursement of collected rents to the owner on or before 10th of each month. We have direct deposit capabilities.
- Accept all tenant calls for service and keep track of the details.
- Prompt updates to owner of any issues with their property or tenant.
- Coordinate to have all repairs taken care of within 24 to 48 hours in most situations.
- Work with owners to obtain best pricing for home warranty policies and service providers to keep repair costs low. Highly recommended for all our property owners!
- Send owner a monthly statement of rents collected and disbursements to owner along with copies of invoices to verify expenses.
- Provide ‘Move-In’ and ‘Move-Out’ inspections at each tenant turn-over with photos of any damage and estimates for repairs. Also provide one annual inspection for each rental property. Each inspection is additional cost of $100.00 to the property owner.
- Hold all deposit money in a separate account until tenant has vacated and ‘Move-Out’ inspection has been performed. Deduct the costs of repairs and or cleaning if the tenant is responsible and timely refund remaining deposit to the tenant or the owner.
- Additional periodic county or cit in-home inspections at owners request or in case of business needs such as bank appraisals, meeting repairmen and county inspections ($30 trip charge applies).
- Notices served to the tenant for non-payment of rent (3-day and unlawful detainer and abandonment notices) as needed.
- In case of any court actions against a tenant, we will provide copies of all our documentation to the owner.
- If eviction is necessary. The broker will file and attend small claims court on behalf of the owner for a flat fee of $795.00.
- Additional $15.00 per month is charged for admin fees if it is necessary for our office to pay water, sewer and garbage utilities. These utility fees will be built into the tenant’s monthly rent. We do not bill tenants for water, sewer and garbage fees. We never allow tenants to pay for water, sewer and garbage fees directly because in California, utility companies can place liens against the owner’s property for non-payment.
Please call Rick Otto or Donna Rice at 916-484-0955 if you would like to set up an appointment to meet with us in person or over the telephone. Ask us how we can customize services to fit your property management needs. We would love the opportunity to work with you.